Motherwell station: new customer lounge

Any aspect related to the structures and equipment on the Caledonian Railway Company.
David Blevins

Re: Motherwell station: new customer lounge

Post by David Blevins »

That is Grim !!!!!
Is that the Best that Scotrail can come up with - Stark, Depressing and certainly Unwelcoming !

Too Many Yes Men agreeing with the Boss, and certainly No New Ideas, what ever happened to "Customer Care".

David Blevins.
jasp

Post by jasp »

Thanks for posting, Ian
Somewhat austere and not welcoming
I presume this is down to Network Rail, not Scotrail
Jim P
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

It won't stay white very long.
Violets49

Post by Violets49 »

Agreed! This is truly grim. All that can be said about it is that its not as grim as some 'facilities' found elsewhere! The disaster that is Gourock. The absolute mess made of Greenock Central. The joke that is the rebuilt Queen Street. I have got to the point of not expecting any better! They might 'look nice' (Although that's a matter of opinion.) they are certainly not 'nice' places to have to be in! Maybe the idiots responsible should take a walk down to Buchannan Bus station to see how its done!
Violets49

Post by Violets49 »

Is it a 'Railway Station' or a 'Train Station'? Motherwell station seems to be in no doubt. While negotiating the mess that is currently serving Motherwell as a 'Station' I found a board with 'MOTHERWELL TRAIN STATION' at the entry to whats left of the station building. I regret not photographing this but I was rushing to catch a train.
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

Violets49 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:49 am Is it a 'Railway Station' or a 'Train Station'?
I have this argument regularly with the Gen Z'ers and Millenials* running our (Northern's) marketing operation. I get my revenge by flatly refusing to call them customers instead of passengers in all our safety documentation.

"Brand guidelines say 'customers'"
"Legislation, RISs and Group Standards trump brand guidelines and they don’t say customers" (so far they've never called my bluff and actually checked...)

* They're lovely really.
Orbiston

Post by Orbiston »

Everything looks better with hindsight. My recollection of Motherwell Station waiting rooms in trainspotting days in the 50s were dark, brown, smoky, dirty, full of tobacco smoke and nicotine stained. And how long do you have to wait for a train at Motherwell?
Jim Summers

Post by Jim Summers »

Good luck, Stuart!
JimS
Bill_Gensheet

Post by Bill_Gensheet »

jasp wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:54 pm Thanks for posting, Ian
Somewhat austere and not welcoming
I presume this is down to Network Rail, not Scotrail
Jim P
Motherwell is ScotRail managed.

Only 20 stations come under Network Rail
https://www.networkrail.co.uk/communiti ... -stations/
caleyJim

Post by caleyJim »

I think the keyword there might be "managed". Don't believe Scotrail has any ownership of infrastructure assets and while I hope they would have had some input to the design Network Rail would have been leading.

Jim :D