Dummy van

Any aspect related to the prototype stock.
jasp

Dummy van

Post by jasp »

Some time ago I produced patterns for the above using the CRA drawing, which, after a number of house moves, I recently came across.
Looking for more information, I checked the CR Wagons and More Wagons books, the Forum and TTL archive CDs but was unable to find anything.
I am fairly sure I have seen information somewhere but cannot recall when or where.
Can anyone help , including numbers etc?
Thanks
Jim P
MIKEWILLIAMS

Re: Dummy van

Post by MIKEWILLIAMS »

Carriage Book, p. 321 Jim - and our chairman wrote an article in TTL.

Best

Mike
jasp

Post by jasp »

Thank you, assumed it was a “wagon” and forgot about NPCS.
Why did I make the patterns - some time ago but probably because JB’s drawing was available.
Jim P
wsaxt04

Post by wsaxt04 »

Dummy Van.

John Boyle’s line drawing of the Dummy Van was first published way back in April 1989 and launched at an exhibition the Association attended at Couper Institute, Cathcart, Glasgow. Further references & correspondence upon the use and name of the van’s title have appeared within ‘TTL’ over the years. Using the various Indexes which have been produced for ‘TTL’ the items & correspondence appear as below :

No.60, page 37.
No. 62, pages 13 & 20.
No.64, page 29.
No.78, page 25.
No.79, page 28.

‘National Records of Scotland’, Edinburgh, may well hold supplementary information under their reference of : BR/CAL/5 – onwards. Since there appear to be well over 100 entries, it would not be a quick search for the relevant information. Good hunting !!

regards

Arnold T.